TOURS R US
Take notes during The Loring-Greenough House tour. Then answer the following:
1. Date built ___________________________________________________________
2. Name of first owner__________________
3. Is there a picture of him? _______ Where? __________________________________
4. What were his loyalties during the Revolution? _______________________________________________________________________
5. How did he make his money? ____________________________________________
6. Who took over the house when he left? _____________________________________
7. What was it used for during the Revolution? ________________________________ and ____________________________________________________________________
8. How long did the Greenough family own the house?
9. Who was Ann Doane?______________________________________________
10. Why was it unusual for her buy the house?
11. Why is the Loring-Greenough House on the Boston Women's Heritage Trail?
12. What organization now operates the house? _____________________________
Room Check off
Name each room. Describe its use. List three things you will point out to tour visitors.
Kitchen (notice the outline of the old fireplace)
Spinning wheel room
What part of the house is Colonial or Georgian?________________________________
What part of the house is Civil War period or Victorian? _______________________________________________________________________
What are some main style differences between Colonial and Victorian? ________________________________________________________________________