Questions for TOURS R US Reflection
- When Joshua Loring built his house in 1760,
what was the surrounding countryside like?
- What events in Boston could have warned Joshua
Loring of the upcoming American Revolution?
- Why did Joshua Loring leave his home?
- How do you think Joshua Loring felt when his
family were forced to leave?
- When American General Nathanael Greene set
up temporary headquarters for the American troops, do you think neighbors
- The house served as a military hospital for
the wounded from the Battle of Bunker Hill. Do you think these men were
optimistic about the outcome of the American Revolutionary War? Why?
- What kind of a family do you think the Greenoughs
- Why do you think Horatio Greenough chose George
Washington as a subject to sculpt? If you were a sculptor today, whose
portrait would you sculpt?
- What do you think the ladies who attended the
Jamaica Plain Tuesday Club were like? What did they do at the club?
- What is the most interesting object you saw
at the Loring-Greenough House. Why?
- How did the guides at the Harrison-Grey Otis
House show that they knew their subjects?
- What house do you think has the most interesting
story the Harrison Otis Grey House or the Loring-Greenough House?
- What must you do to hold the attention of visitors
to a historic site?
- How has technology helped you learn about the
- Who else has been important in learning about
the story of the house?
- What is the most important message about the
Loring-Greenough House that you will deliver?
- How do our Junior Tour Guides help serve Jamaica
- How will you adjust if something unexpected
happens during the tour?
- How will you and your partner help each other?
- How did the feedback surveys help you? What,
if anything, should you change in your presentation?
- Will you volunteer to serve as a Junior Tour
Guide this summer? Wny/Why not. If yes, where would you like to serve?
- During what period of the Loring-Greenough
House would you have preferred to live? Why?
- What did you like most about preparing to be
a Loring-Greenough House Junior Tour Guide?
- What advice would you give to future students
as they prepare to be Tour Guides?
- How can students help communities preserve
their historic sites?