Making a Round Multi-colored Chinese Lantern:
1. Cut out five different colored circles. You need a total of eighteen circles to make a lantern.
2. Fold along the three lines inside each circleto make them into triangular wedges.
3. Glue the five wedges together to form a pentagon, which resembles a small cap.
4. Add a sixth wedge to the left side of the pentagon.
5. Add a seventh wedge.
6. Add the 8th wedge to the side to form another pentagon. Now, the two pentagons are sharing two common pieces in the middle.
7. Continue adding all 18 wedges to make it into a ball. Remember to always use five different colored wedges to form each pentagon.
8. Hang the lantern up with a piece of ribbon
Back To LaiLai Sheung